This approach does not tell you how to be a parent but provides you with a toolbox of ideas and strategies. How you use them is entirely up to you; it is about finding what works best for you and your child.
This can help to:
- Raise happy, confident kids
- Manage misbehaviour so everyone in the family enjoys life more
- Set rules and routines that everyone respects and follows
- Encourage behaviour you like
- Take care of yourself as a parent
- Feel confident you’re doing the right thing
Counselling sessions can take place at my practice or at the school; wherever you and your child feel the most comfortable. Sessions at home can at times be beneficial to assess family functioning.